Call for Abstracts
* The extended abstract submission term is closed.
* Call for late-breaking poster abstracts will be announced on the WBC 2024 website.
Dates to Remember
- Abstract Submission: April 15 ~
September 30, 2023 October 31, 2023November 30, 2023
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: January 1, 2024
- Early-bird Registration Deadline: April 30, 2023 ~ January 31, 2024
- The presenting author is allowed to submit up to two abstracts.
- Representative who wants to submit abstract should create an ID before submission.
- Abstracts should be written in English and should be submitted electronically using the online system only.
- Abstracts will not be edited. Authors are responsible for any spelling, grammatical or typographical errors contained in the submitted abstracts.
- Do not include image/photos/figures, tables and references in the abstract.
- Use standard abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears at the first time.
- Use sentence-style capitalization (capitalize only the first letter of the first word in the title, proper nouns, and the first word following a colon).
- The preference for oral or poster presentation should be indicated by the applicant during the submission process, however the final decision on the presentation format will be made by the Scientific Program Committee.
- Successful abstract submissions will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt.
Notification of Abstract Acceptance and Author Registration
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and selection will be noticed on December 15, 2023. You will receive an email to confirm that your abstract has been accepted and whether it will be an Oral or Poster presentation. You will be provided an abstract reference number which should be quoted in all correspondence. Once the abstract is accepted, the presenting author should register for the congress and present the work at the congress. If the first author cannot register for the conference, at least one of the authors must register for the congress and the author details should be notified to the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an acknowledgement of your abstract submission right after the online submission. If you do not receive anything, please send an email to email@example.com to make sure we have received your abstract.
You will be asked to select one of the submission topics below.
Presentation types or topics of your submission might be changed by the Scientific Program Committee without prior notice.
- Biomimetic coating
- Conductive biomaterials
- Metals and biodegradable metals
- Supramolecular materials
- 3D Printing and additivie manufacturing
- Bioprinting and bionik
- Diverse biofabrication technologies
- Biomaterials for cancer therapy
- Biomaterials for molecular imaging
- Drug delivery
- Exosome and extracellular vesicle
- Gene therapy
- Immunomodulatory biomaterials
- Nucleic acid therapeutics
- Bioactive materials
- Biomaterials and stem cells
- Biomaterials scaffolds
- Hard tissue regeneration
- Neural tissue regeneration
- Regenerative Medicine
- Soft tissue regeneration
- Biomaterials characterization
- Biomaterials modeling
- Surface functionalization
- Antimicrobial biomaterials
- Bioadhesive materials
- Biomaterails implantable device
- Biomaterials for imaging and diagnostics
- Tissue regeneration
- Wound healing
- Biomaterials for in vitro (extracorporeal) analysis
- Biomaterials for organoids and organ models
- In vitro cancer models
- Clinical studies of biomaterials
- Dental & Craniofacial biomaterials
- Pre-clinical evaluation of medical devices
- Biomaterials and cosmetic rheology
- Clinical diagnostics
- Commercialization in biomaterials
- Microfluidic technology
- Smart microcapsules
- Artificial inteligences/machine learning and deep learning
- Healthcare biomaterials
WBC 2024 Travel Grant (Application closed on September 30, 2023)
WBC 2024 Travel Grant aims to foster biomaterials researchers by providing financial support to students and post-graduate who wish to attend the 12th World Biomaterials Congress. A travel grant of USD 500 will be awarded to selected students and post-graduate presenting authors whose abstracts are submitted for oral presentations.
- Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be registered full-time in an undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral program.
- Applicants must submit an oral abstract and attend the WBC2024 to be eligible for the travel grant.
- Applicants must have completed their registration by the indicated deadline.
- Applicants are required to submit their curriculum vitae(CV).
- The scientific program committee will select the applicants based on the scientific excellence of the submitted abstract, the applicants’ CV, and diversity.
- The committee will also give preference to applicants from developing countries according to the OECD definition.
- Key Dates
- Deadline for applications : September 30, 2023
- Notification of award recipients : January 1, 2024
- Applicants Registration : January 31, 2024